Even though no one wants to admit it, summer is quickly coming to an end. The sun will start to set earlier and soon there will be a slight chill in the air. Savor the last moments of warm golden sunsets and lightning bugs with tasty of end of summer recipes.
Tomato, Peach and Burrata Salad
Chances are your garden tomatoes are perfectly ripe right now. Grab a few and make this unforgettable salad.
- Balsamic reduction
- Pour 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar into a small sized pan over medium-high heat until it gets to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, and mix until half of the amount is left. Remove from heat and cool.
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 2 large peaches, cubed
- 6 ounces burrata cheese (or mozzarella), cubed
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
After the balsamic reduction has cooled, mix together all ingredients and serve.
Crème Fraiche Potato Salad
This is not your typical potato salad!
- 2 lb baby red russet potatoes scrubbed and cut in half
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1 bunch of radishes, sliced
- 2 green onion stalks, sliced
- 8 green beans, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, diced
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
Heat the oven to 375°F. Put the potatoes on a baking sheet with the garlic. Lightly cover with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Bake for 45 minutes until crispy. Cool.
Mix peas, radish, green beans, and green onions with your potatoes.
Blend together the roasted garlic from your potatoes, chives, and crème fraîche until thin. Slowly add mixture to potatoes before serving.
Corn and Zucchini Pie
Get your fresh veggies in before summer is gone with pie!
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 ears of sweet corn shucked
- 2 large zucchini, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 12 ounces shredded cheese
- 3 beaten eggs
Heat the butter in a large pan. Just as it starts to melt add onion, zucchini, and mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes and add corn kernels for about 10 minutes. Remove from flame. Mix basil, oregano, and salt together and then add to veggie mix. After mixing add cheese and eggs. In a circular nonstick pan add mixture. Add a few extra zucchini slices to the top of the pan, top with foil, and bake on 375°F for 20 minutes. Remove foil and brown top for five minutes.
Enjoy this take on the American classic with a bite.
- 14 oz. package of pre-shredded coleslaw mix or you can make your own with cabbage and carrots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup of green onion, sliced
- 1 cup of canned corn, drained
- 1 finely diced jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbs. of granulated sugar
- 1 tbs. of canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
Combine apple cider vinegar, sugar, and canola oil and whisk. In a separate bowl combine coleslaw, red pepper, corn, jalapeño pepper, green onion, and cilantro. Combine with previous mixture. Add salt, pepper, and pinch of cayenne pepper to taste. Refrigerate.
Mango Salsa on top of Grilled Salmon
Grill up some salmon while you can still use your BBQ.
- 1 ripe mango peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped without seeds
- 3 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 4, 6 oz salmon fillets
- Olive oil
In a large bowl combine mango, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and avocado. Tops with salt and pepper to taste. Take each salmon fillet and brush on olive oil (so it won’t burn.) Place them on the grill on direct heat for five minutes. Flip and repeat. Remove salmon when the inside temperature is 125°F. Top with salsa and serve.
Chicken and Veggie Skillet
Everything taste of summer in one bite.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 slices of fresh cut bacon, cut into squares
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 10 small yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ears of grilled corn, cut off the cob
- Salt and pepper
Pound your chicken so it is nice and soft, pat dry, and let it sit for a few minutes. Cut potatoes, red onion, zucchini, bell pepper, and corn and put in a large bowl. Season for taste. Use a skillet on a medium heat and put in bacon until fat is rendered. Take the bacon out and wipe off excess grease. Add veggie and potato mix to skillet for about five minutes. Remove. Season your chicken and sear in skillet. Add everything to the skillet, top and put in oven at 375° for 20 minutes.
We hope you enjoy the rest of what summer has to offer. Bon appétit.